Sunday, October 2, 2011

Something to think about....



My friend has this posted on her Facebook wall. When I read it, my first thought ~HOLY COW! That is exactly what I have been feeling for a while now.~
I LOVE my friends. Would do anything,well, almost anything for them (meaning -no murder/jail time/ in general any illegal activity is off limits.) I have come over late at night to console after a bad break up, been the voice of reason when truly there was no reasoning, and been the ear for some to bend when they just need someone to listen. I don't do these things because I am keeping track I do them because that is who I am. Heck, everyone needs a release at some point. After a while though, when you only call me for sadness/tragedy/advice it gets old. Or when I call just to say  Hi and the first thing I hear is "it's about time YOU called" or "I would have called but I have been so busy!" That space in my heart gets smaller. EVERYONE is busy. EVERYONE has tough things going on in life.
I think it is good for us all to take a good, long, hard look in the mirror of life.  Are you making/keeping up the efforts to stay in peoples lives? Are there people not making the effort to stay in yours? Perhaps a little restructuring is in order. Just say'n.

No comments:

Post a Comment